Stromness Museum is open all year except January.
Summer everyday 10am-5pm / Winter Mon-Sat 11am-3:30pm. Check here for details.
Read writer Kathleen Jamie’s account of visiting Stromness Museum here.
Stromness Museum (established by the Orkney Natural History Society in 1837) has been situated on the pier since 1856. The Museum’s Collections tell the story of the town, its maritime history and the natural history of Orkney. The pier by the museum was once used by Stromness Distillery.